{Pages}

{   Home  |  About  |  Contact  |  Disclaimer   }

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Top 13 of 2013


In the spirit of New Year honesty, I will admit to you that I seriously considered a 2013 beauty favourites post and maybe, just maybe a video. I decided that setting up a Youtube account might be more of a 2014 aim however, so settled for a slightly more restrained version in the form of my Top 13 beauty products of 2013 (catchy ey?). The 13 include makeup, skincare, haircare, nails and body; and let me just tell you that whittling it down was not an easy task. But here they are: the staples, special editions and standouts of the year, according to yours truly...


Urban Decay Naked Palette 3: Despite being given to me just 6 days ago at Christmas, Urban Decay's newest cult offering has already wowed me more than the other two versions combined...it's definitely love. Warmer, pink based and encased in an even better tin, what's not to lust after?


Chanel Chance eau fraiche perfume: 2013 was the year of the scent search for me, and this Chanel classic became my one and only. I'm already on to my second bottle and I predict this will be the first repurchases of many...


Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray: Oribe was a brand that seemed to blow every beauty blogger away this year, including me. As a member of the limp and flat hair klan, this product has been a saviour in a bottle, and it doesn't smell half bad either (full review here). 


Chanel le volume de chanel mascara: As well as a scent, I do believe Chanel has officially made my most beloved mascara to date. The volume and length of lashes after one use of this is unrivalled in my opinion, and I will definitely be repurchasing like crazy this year. 


Ren Clarifying Clay Cleanser: This spot saw a toss up of my nightly cleanser (Emma Hardie's amazing face balm) and this beauty, which I use in the mornings. The thing I love about this the most is how brilliant it is for oily and problem skin. It also lasts FOREVER. I bought this in June, use it every day, and it's STILL going. 


Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Scrub: I always feel it's so hard to find the perfect scrub. Lots I've tried are far too gritty and almost hurt to use, but this is so gentle on skin but also really gets to work (and smells good enough to eat).


Mac Creme Cup and Show Orchid Lipsticks: I know this is sort of cheating but I couldn't choose just one. Creme cup is my go to everyday shade whilst I only bring out Show orchid for those extra special 'show' stopper occasions. 


Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel: Smells like sweeties, is full of glitter and has the cutest name, need I say more? As it only comes out once a year around Christmas I made sure to pick up and extra big bottle this time round. Lush...NEVER discontinue this! 


Essie After School Boy Blazer: Super Shiny Navy Blue/Black shade. I am praying this bottle will last forever as it was a limited edition buy. 


Origins GinZing moisturiser: I have just repurchased my second little tub of this stuff, because I truly have found no moisturiser like it. It has such a light gel-like texture which is perfect for my skin slightly oil prone skin.


Philip Kingsley Elasticizer: Three words: SAVED. MY. HAIR...(and still does). 


Estee Lauder Cheek Gelee in Tease: Another limited edition product which I have grown seriously attached too. Tease is a gorgeous pinky blush/highlighter hybrid which gives a light winter flush or full-on party glow depending how you want to wear it. 


Diorskin Nude BB Creme: This single handedly changed my opinion about BB cremes. I was so anti-them and had had such terrible experiences with until I started using this. It gives a light weightless coverage and perfect glow. 


So there we have it: my top 13 of 2013. 

As cheesy as it sounds, I just also want to take a second in this post to thank anyone and everyone who has supported my little blog since I started it back in March: any readers or followers, the lovely fellow bloggers I have met throughout the process, any brands that have reached out to me and offered me the opportunity to attend their events or collaborate with them, and to my friends and family for helping to promote my blog any way they can, helping with photographs and all in all just being awesome. 


On a lighter note, I would love to hear which products you would include in your top 13 in the comments below!! HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

B.

13 comments:

  1. love how you took these photos! and thank you for the recommendations. as for my my top 13, one would have to be the kate lipsticks from rimmel. and happy new years becky :)
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share a few of your favorites. Especially the Chanel mascara and Dior BB changed my life this year. Lovely post and you should definitely start a YouTube channel!

    Kelly | secondhandspring

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word i need to get my hands on the naked 3, I had the naked basics for Christmas but I think I need this one aswell now!! xo

    www.hifreckles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea for a post. I want to try so many of these products Naked 3 being at the top of my list! I have loved Kate Moss 107 and the NYX eyebrow wax crayon this year.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! :) I have a few 2013 fav's ... I love Macs Girls About Town, Rimmel Wake Me Up and Lush's Lip Scrub! :) Great Blog! You have a new follower :)

    http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lipsticks!
    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As i said on Twitter that I love Naked3, but ur lipstick colours are so cute too! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome picks! I vote yes for the youtube channel ;) I really am falling in love with the new naked palette I must purchase asap. you've given me lots of new wishlist ideas now, thanks so much! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great products! love the quality of your photos too

    xxx

    www.fashion-form.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creme Cup is a gorgeous color! :)

    Emily
    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That nail polish looks gorgeous. I love Snow Fairy too, I hate that it's only sold around Christmas!

    Monica x
    The Total Opposite

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the idea of top 13 of 2013! :D and there such great items too! :)

    Love CF x
    www.ourcheapfrills.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog :) I value each and every comment and will get back to you or check out your page. B xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...