{Pages}

{   Home  |  About  |  Contact  |  Disclaimer   }

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

10 tips for fitness-a-phobes

Pink sports bra: Adidas
Black sports bra: Nike c/o Get the Label
Sports leggings: Nike
Black trainers: Nike c/o Get the Label 
Grey trainers: Nike c/o Get the Label

If there's one thing I hate, with unrivalled, passionate HATRED, it's running. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am the biggest anti gym bunny going. I just can't fathom the joy people get out of running; I can literally think of 107629 things I would rather be doing whilst sweating away on a treadmill. People that run marathons (although very very impressive and hardworking) are, I feel, slightly bananas. The thought of running a marathon makes me want to throw up before I've even started. And those journalists who write that it's possible for anyone to convert from a fitness-phobe to an avid runner? Liars, the lot of them. 

HOWEVER, I understand it's just one of those parts of life you have to deal with if you want to stay healthy. When you love food as much as I do (and you wouldn't be caught dead buying kale or whatever trendy super food comes next) then you come to realise naughty food + no exercise does not a healthy human make. By writing a list of 10 tips for fitness-a-phobes (most of them to be taken with a pinch of salt) I'm actually making a mental list of the things I should myself be doing more. Because trust me, I have not yet mastered them all, and working in an office with constant delicious temptations and following a schedule with little time to do proper exercise can be a bit of a cock block in terms of my relationship with health. So to the fellow lazy girls & fitness-a-phobes out there, let's try our hardest to eat a little less, workout a little more, and follow these 10 little tips:


10 tips for fitness-a-phobes: 

Get fun workout gear: any girl worth her salt will know that exercise becomes a hell of a lot more enticing when you get to wear that new bright printed sports bra and 'it' girl trainers (or at least, it does for a while until the initial appeal wears off, then it's time to buy new gear...YAY). Special thanks must go to Get the Label for kitting me out with some snazzy workout bits! 

Consider what the best and worst types of exercise are for a fitness-a-phobe: Running? no no no. Swimming? ah yes yes yes. And what about yoga- I mean, it's just lying down and bending over...amirite..? No? Ok. But please, for your own sake, if anyone ever suggests you goto a  spinning class with them, just turn around and walk in the opposite direction. Spinning does not mean taking a class to learn how to spin round in circles, as I initially thought. 

Go shopping: sounds silly, but makes a lot of sense: A trip to the shops is classic cardio which burns burns burns those calories. Be sure to reach to the stars when trying things on, tighten those glutes when squeezing into those jeans and fill those bags to the brim with new purchases to carry and make arm muscles stronger (good for so so many reasons). 

One word: YOUTUBE: There are some seriously awesome fitness routines on the 'tube which don't even require you to leave the house. Take a look at Viv's top 5 vids for some inspiration here

Carry around water in a fun water bottle: which may (emphasis on the may) remind you to whip it out more often & get your intake 

Swap naughty snacks (chocolate, doughnuts, basically all that's good in life...) with healthier alternatives that still give you a sweet kick: I'm really into the sweet coconut and vanilla propercorn atm, and caramel snack a jacks aren't half bad either. 

Get creative when making sure you get your 5 a day: squeezed fresh orange juice, heinz tomato soup, veg on the side of your dinner, dried fruit & nuts to snack on: all cracking alternatives to the obvious.  

Bring a blindfold to work when it's cake day in the office: And maybe a nose clip. Chocolate cake doesn't exactly smell bad, does it...

Make any exercise you do FUN: Although it's pretty impossible to get outside in shitty old England, (seeing as we see the sun about 5 days a year) it's worth making the most of it when you do. Rounders is pretty much the most fun you will ever have while doing any type of exercise. Until then, however, consider downloading 'Zombies, run!': the app which makes you run faster so that the zombies behind you can't catch up (yes, really). Especially appealing if you are as obsessed with The Walking Dead as I am. 

And one last thing: avoid Victoria's Secret models' instagrams like.the.PLAGUE. 
;)

8 comments:

  1. You blog is absolutely stunning!! This post is amazing too :)
    http://chckgeek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need these tips. I hate exercise.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I love the walking dead, that app sounds hilar

    Charlotte Harvs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I have found some amazing fitness videos on youtube, love the ballet workout ones. They make me feel more elegant whilst exercising :D a Zombie run app sounds awesome, I will have to download it!

    http://katsbeautytales.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy that I found your blog! Really like it!
    It’s so beautiful!

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. good for you for getting into the fitness thing! loved hearing your tips. xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zombies, run sounds hilarious! Will definitely give that a look. And shopping as a form of high intensity cardio, who knew?! ;-) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog :) I value each and every comment and will get back to you or check out your page. B xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...