Bored of your nudes and your reds? Don't worry, I (or rather my frankly out of hand lipstick collection) has got you covered...
1. The pinky purpley one: Ultimately the lipstick which encouraged me to write this post, NARS audacious lipstick in 'Dominique' has a beautiful purpley hue which looks pretty terrifying at first but is one of the most unique colours I've ever seen. The lipstick is exclusive to Selfridges so don't run over like a desperate mess to Liberty's like I did! It's become my go to lipstick and I can't think of any other lip product on the market that gives the same enviably gorg smackers.
2. The super dark one: Do not be afraid my friends, this one isn't as scary as it looks. Darker than a berry shade but lighter than an 'oh em gee I look like a goth' hue, this option from Lipstick Queen's Bette Noir collection is super good. This specific shade, Possessed Intense, is the darkest of the three in the collection, which also offers a metallic or a sheer option. Reserve this one for the evening and remember to keep reapplying!
3. The peachy pink one: Firmly within the sphere of my comfort zone, a peachy pink lipstick is a little more colourful than a nude without being too vibrant or bold. One of my favourites is this YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in Peach Passion. It's a lovely spring colour and the finish is a lovely combination of matte AND sheeny (just how DO those YSL geniuses do it?!)
4. The hot hot pink one: Wondering whether my repetition of the word 'hot' was a typo? Well, it totally wasn't. Because although a 'hot pink' lipstick is exciting, a 'hot hot pink' lipstick is off the charts on the coolness scale. One of my favourite lipsticks of all time is Mac's Show Orchid [not available in UK, only US], which is literally the most bold shade you could possibly go for. With a touch of shimmer and a Barbie pink colour, it's the ultimate girly girl's dream.
5. The warm berry one: If you're too much of a wimp to try out number 2 (and let's be honest, it does look pretty menacing) what about giving the humble dark purpley-toned berry red a shot? Much more diverse than the bright red lipstick in my eyes, the Rimmel Kate Moss 107 is a firm fave of vloggers such as Zoella. Perfect for warm autumnal looks and full-on night time glam, I'd say it's a bit of a winner all round.