{Pages}

{   Home  |  About  |  Contact  |  Disclaimer   }

Saturday, April 04, 2015

The return of the one-piece swimsuit

Swimsuits

Top picture: 
Both swimsuits c/o the lovely babes at BATOKO.COM

Collage from left:
Multicoloured snake suit: Jaded London
Black plunge suit: ASOS
Red and white stars suit: Wildfox
Pink Barbie suit: Wildfox
Black Miami suit: Beach Riot
Tropical cut-out suit: River Island

Let me use this post to spread an all-important message: I hereby declare that one-pieces (of the swimwear variety) are BACK. What authority do I have to make this wide-sweeping statement? Well, how about the babes at Batoko sent me some effing awesome pieces and I decided this must mean the comeback of the swimsuit. 

Aside from making a statement on a beach full of boring bikini-clad women, a one-piece allows you to cover those areas you're perhaps not so ok with. Unless you're a Victoria's Secret model or a gym freak,  showing off your entire stomach in the summertime can come to be somewhat of an ordeal. I say avoid that altogether and throw on a one-piece. 

SO, we've established that swimsuits are no longer just for children under the age of 12, but what are the rules for donning them? Here are a few of mine:

1. All words that incinuate the one-piece is only fit for the elderly are BANNED: Swimming Costume and all its derivatives (including the dreaded 'cossie'-bleugh) should especially be shunned. 

2. Make it bold: Avoid ditsy floral prints which again, may add to the popular notion that one-pieces are  just for your nan. Bold colours and fun prints are definitely favourable. 

3. Add a little boob: If you prefer to stick to a more classic suit (see the beaut black ASOS eg above) make sure you go for a plunging neckline, or at least one that shows off a little bit of boob. If, like me, you have the cleavage of an 11 year old boy, still follow this rule, but accept that you will have to spend much of your time on the beach pushing them up or squeezing them together. 

4. Cut it out: Another way of adding a little sass to your suit is by picking up a cut-out version, such as the River Island tropical delight above. This one's seriously great if you're not yet ready to fully embrace the onesie, as it's practically a bikini from the back. 

So all that's left to do now is book your holiday and throw out your two-pieces. Long live the swimsuit! 


4 comments:

  1. THANK-YOU for this post! I'm desperate for the perfect one pice for my holiday and I think it's going to have to be leaf print one from BATOKO- I'd never even heard of them before, fab post!

    Made In The 1990's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the one piece is coming back and in such a 2015 modern way too! thanks for sharing this hun! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to the one piece. I need that Baewatch suit in my life.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are ridiculously gorgeous swimsuits! Seriously, I've been staring at that image of them for far too long and now I'm on their website haha. I saw a similar style one piece at Urban Outfitters last year and massively regretted not getting it when I saw it!

    Have a lovely weekend :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog :) I value each and every comment and will get back to you or check out your page. B xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...