{Pages}

{   Home  |  About  |  Contact  |  Disclaimer   }

Monday, March 04, 2013

Favourite February Products: The Monthly Gems

From left: Soap and Glory Sugar Crush body scrub, Carmex healing body cream, Charles Worthington intense rescue melting balm, Benefit Eye Bright, M&S Spa absolute calm pillow mist, Revlon Nearly Naked foundation, Mac Rebel lipstick and Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. 

So, did February go fast or what?! 
Seeing as I have been SLIGHTLY poor (once again, hurry up loan!) this month, I have found myself reverting back to some of my old favourites and starting up a new love affair with things I had forgotten about. Of course, there are a couple of new bits chucked into the mix also, so I hope you enjoy my February favourites! :)


First up are a couple of hair bits. The bumble and bumble surf spray is something I bought  from Sephora when I was travelling in America. It is of course a cult favourite, so I'm not sure why I forgot about it. It is just the perfect spray for beach-like locks and is best used to style hair the day after a wash. It creates lovely waves or alternatively, a cool bed-head look. The smell also reminds me of the beach...win win. 

Second is a new product, from the Charles Worthington Salon at home new range. I have seen quite a few bloggers raving about the intense rescue melting balm, and decided I had to try it for myself (especially when I saw it on offer in Boots a couple of weeks ago). The first thing you notice is of course, THE SMELL. It's completely delicious. The concept is similar to the Ojon Restorative Hair treatment (which I will be reviewing soon). It is a sort of hard wax which you scoop up and rub between your palms to form an oil which you smooth onto DRY hair, leave on for 20 mins or so and then shampoo and condition as normal. The verdict: just as good as everyone has been saying; my hair felt soft, was shiny and smelt amazing...try it. 


The next few products are body things (apart from the one odd one out...). The Soap and Glory Sugar Crush body scrub is also a product which has been given rave reviews, largely (again) due to the lovely smell. At first if I'm honest I wasn't so sure I even liked the smell, as it is very strong. However I grew to love this scrub, and find it exfoliates beautifully and does leave more of a subtle smell after the shower. 

The Carmex healing body cream is another thing I picked up in a drugstore in America, and I'm not actually sure it is sold in the UK yet. I'm a big fan of Carmex lip balms (who isn't?), and so when I saw this on the shelf I got a little excited. I suffer from dry skin on my knees and lower legs, but really hate using medicinal creams such as Savlon or E45, and this is a perfect alternative. It's very good for dry areas and also comes in a lotion for all over the body. 

A slightly strange addition to this month's favourites is a pillow mist from m&s. My mum got it for me whilst she was out shopping as she knows how much my bed (both at home and at uni) is my haven! It just sprays onto your pillows and bed linen and makes them smell fresh and divine. It's just a really good idea and something I haven't seen around before, which is why it has made the cut.


Lastly, there's a few make-up things. Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation came out a couple of weeks ago and I decided I had to give it a go. It was so affordable and I had heard great things about it as it has a light coverage and makes skin look nice and natural. I definitely agree that it is great for natural dewy looking skin, but perhaps one thing I would mention is that it is better for when your skin is looking its best due to the very light coverage. I have been sticking to my Dior Forever foundation recently because my skin has needed a little extra something, but when it is back on form I'm excited to start using this on a regular basis. 

Next is Mac's Rebel lipstick. This is another item which has been spotted on quite a few beauty blogs, and I can tell you why. The colour is BEAUTIFUL. When I first saw it I thought 'Oh great, just another gothy dark lipstick'. But it's sooo much more. When it goes onto lips it transforms into this pink purpley gorgeous colour. Mac lipsticks are always lovely and this is one of their best. A review will follow shortly. 

Lastly for this month is another product which has been pulled 'from the archives'. Benefit's 'eye bright' is perfect for those tired days where you need a little something to make you look more awake. It is used beneath the eye and even on the lower water line and is a gorgeous pearlescent creamy white-pinky eyeliner which makes the eyes look brighter and more alert. 

I hope you enjoyed reading about my monthly favourites, 

B. 

8 comments:

  1. aww thanks! yeh sure follow me and I'll follow straight back :)

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try Mac Rebel! As it is coming up to Spring now I think I might wait until next Winter, but I have heard so many good things about it!

    http://bonjourperfection.blogspot.co.uk/

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it it's so beautiful!

      B xxx

      Delete
  3. Revlon's Nearly Naked is really starting go grow on me. I totally agree with you comment about wearing it when your skins at its best. Since it's so light, I found that it can really cling to dry patches!

    Great post :)

    xx
    http://sueliloquy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think it's probably a good product for use in the summer for glowy, natural looking skin :)

      really really like your blog!

      B xxx

      Delete
  4. I think this is a really good article. You make this information interesting and engaging. You give readers a lot to think about and I appreciate that kind of writing. gift shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm… I interpret blogs on a analogous issue, however i never visited your blog. I added it to populars also i’ll be your faithful primer. houstonembroideryservice.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog :) I value each and every comment and will get back to you or check out your page. B xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...