{Pages}

{   Home  |  About  |  Contact  |  Disclaimer   }

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Roommate Review #2: AVÈNE THERMAL SPRING WATER-THE NEW MAC FIX PLUS?


So I'm going to grab your attention by saying this water has been suggested to me as a great dupe for Mac Fix+

And now I'm going to say something that might make me a little unpopular. After trying Mac fix+ I have to hand on heart say that I didn't really take to it. It's not that I didn't like it; yes it does everything it says it does technically- refreshes the face and acts as a finishing mist for make-up. But from all the hype which this product creates, I had built expectations that it was going to be some sort of magical spray that forces make-up to STAY PUT. Sadly, not so much. 

I have since been recommended various products by friends, fellow bloggers and a few experts on the make-up stands, including Lush's 'A breath of fresh air' and Urban Decay's 'All Nighter Makeup setting spray'. I am yet to try this one, but it does look pretty good. But £19.50....NINETEEN FIFTY? A bit of a gamble to fork out so much money on a product which could easily let you down. 

So that's why when my flatmate Sophie told me about a new cheaper product on the market, I got a little excited and decided I had to feature it in my 'Roommate review' monthly post. Sophie purchased the Avène Thermal Spring water in Boots for a nifty £6.50 (they also do a smaller version for half the price) after a lady on the Estee Lauder counter highly recommended it to her. Now, like me, Sophie is a bit of an impulse shopper who buys ALOT when it comes to beauty products (even once or twice buying a product then getting home and realising she had already bought a few weeks prior- oh, soph) but it really sounds like she's found a winner here. 

She has even gone as far to say that she has sprayed this over her makeup at the start of the day, gone to the gym, and found her makeup hasn't budged afterwards...pretty impressive. The consistency sounds like a dream; non-sticky and refreshing as it sprays onto the skin, with no-drip and a quick drying time. It also says it is great for sensitive skin and can be used just as a refreshing spray rather than a makeup setter. I am yet to try it, but Sophie's got me pretty sold, and trust me when I say she KNOWS HER STUFF beauty wise ;)

B. 


3 comments:

  1. My MAC Fix + is just about to run out so I couldn't have read this post at a better time! Think I'll give this one a whirl, definitely more purse friendly :)
    Kerry | Kerralina x
    P.S. I'm having a giveaway if you wanted to take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great xx

    ide love if you checked my blog! xx 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great review I really love this too so refreshing in the summer too :)
    Emma
    xx

    http://obsessionsofbeauty.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog :) I value each and every comment and will get back to you or check out your page. B xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...