{Pages}

{   Home  |  About  |  Contact  |  Disclaimer   }

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Urban Decay Naked 'Flushed' Palette: The review


Admittedly, there's something that makes me a little sceptical about the fact that Urban Decay have used the success of the Naked Palette to introduce a whole range of 'naked-related' products. Is it really possible for the Naked 2 palette, Naked Basics Palette, Naked BB cream, Naked foundation and now the Naked 'Flushed' Palette to live up to the original? 

I was at the Urban Decay counter the other day, with the intention of purchasing an original Naked palette for my Mum (and this ALONE). But then I got chatting to the LOVELY lady on the stand about my blog and any upcoming blogger events, (she is a make-up artist, take a look at her facebook page here) and let it slip that I had had my eye on the Flushed palette for a little while. Silly me...as soon as I had said that, I knew how easy it was going to be to be talked into buying it...So 10 minutes later out I waltz, £56 poorer but rich in Urban decay naked-ness. 

But what about the palette itself? I have to say I am pretty impressed. The first thing that grabbed me was that the palette is a mere £20. In my eyes, this is a hugely affordable way to get a bronzer, blush and highlighter all in one. I had largely made a bee-line for the flushed palette because I had been looking for a new highlighter. I had set my heart on the new Chanel compact, but after finding out it was an outrageous FORTY SIX pounds, this one became all the more appealing to me. A Bronzer and a blush chucked in as well? How could I say no...?! The highlighter has impressed me, and I find it subtle enough to use in the day-time as well as in the evening. It is fairly shimmery however, which is something I'm getting used to. I also think the bronzer and blush are great products on their own too. The pigmentation is good and the blush is an especially pretty colour, plus you only need a little to go a long long way. I think it is a really good travel palette too; the hard casing means it won't get damaged and you don't have to take three separate products (a blush, bronzer and highlighter) on holiday if you opt for this which has all three. 

Would I recommend this palette? Yes I would. At an impressive £20 (for THREE pretty great products) it has the potential to be a big seller. And perhaps now I will think twice before judging the naked collection; next on my wishlist is the BB cream. 
Shop the collection here


B. 

12 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on this palette too, its lovely! x

    http://fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, this palette is a great way of getting three different products and for 20£!! Bargain. Need this in my life.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet, very nice post:)
    i like your blog and your pictures.

    so maybe you want to follow each other via gfc and bloglovin ?

    i would be verry happy.

    lovely greetings, lucia

    http://lucci-gucci.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts and I can't wait for future ones. Mind sparing a second to check mine out? http://livelove-erika.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeee love this and your bllog please check out mine xxx
    http://hughesingg.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive been debating if to get this or not.
    yay thanks so much!

    http://www.beautyaddictionxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great review! You know everyone is obsessed with the Naked 2 Palette. I've been wanting to get my hands on one. Never knew they had a whole line of Naked products now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, can't wait to get it, it's been on my wish list for awhile now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You’ve left me REALLY wanting this! Looks amazing!!
    Lovely blog- now following :)xx
    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's really pretty but i don't think i could justify it as i already have similar colours :( would be amazing for traveling though!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the ice neon or fruit pastel collection by models own! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so pretty! Will have to check it out!

    Nyss x

    http://missnyssbeautymagpie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog :) I value each and every comment and will get back to you or check out your page. B xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...